1) What does the term «computer» describe?
2) Is computer intelligent?
3) What are five components of computer system?
4) What is connectivity?
5) What is software? What’s the difference between hardware and software?
6) Why people are the most important component of a computer system?
7) In what way terms «data» and «information» differ?
1) The term computer is used to describe…..
2) People are the most important…..
3) Computer is used to convert…..
4) Without software instructions…..
5) Computer has no intelligence…..
1) Welding is a process when metal parts are joinedtogether by the application of heat, pressure, or a combination of both. The processed of welding can be divided into two main groups: pressure welding,when the weld is achievedby pressure and heat welding,when the weld is achieved by heat. Heat welding is the most common welding process used today.
2) Nowadays welding is used insteadof boltingand rivetingin the construction of many types of structures, including bridges, buildings, and ships. It is also a basicprocess in the manufactureof machinery and in the motor and aircraft industries. It is necessary almost in all productions where metals are used.
3) The welding process depends greatly on the properties of the metals, the purposeof their application and the available equipment.Welding processes are classified according to the sources of heat and pressure used.
4) The welding processes widely employed today include gas welding, arc welding,and resistance welding.Other joining processes are laser welding,and electron-beam welding.
5) Gas welding is a non-pressure process using heat from a gas flame.The flame is applied directly to the metal, edgesto be joined and simultaneously toa filler metalin the form of wireor rod,called the welding rod, which is meltedto the joint.Gas welding has the advantageof using equipment that is portable and does not requirean electric power source. The surfacesto be welded and the welding rod are coatedwith flux,a fusiblematerial that shieldsthe material from air, which would result in a defective weld.
6) Arc-welding is the most important welding process for joining steels. It requires a continuous supply of either direct or alternating electrical current. This current is used to createan electric arc, which generates enough heat to melt metal and create a weld.
7) Arc welding has several advantages over other welding methods. Arc welding is faster because the concentration of heat is high. Also, fluxes are not necessary in certain methods of arc welding. The most widely used arc-welding processes are shielded metal arc, gas-tungsten arc, gas-metal arc,and submerged arc.
8) In shielded metal-arc welding, a metallic electrode, which conducts electricity, is coated with flux and connected to a source of electric current. The metal to be welded is connected to the other end of the same source of current. An electric arc is formed by touchingthe tipof the electrode to the metal and then drawing it away. The intense heat of the arc melts both parts to be welded and the point of the metal electrode, which supplies filler metal for the weld. This process is used mainly for welding steels.
pressure welding — сварка давлением
heat welding — сварка нагреванием
bolting— скрепление болтами
gas welding — газосварка
arc welding — электродуговая сварка
to shield— заслонять, защищать
tip [tip] — кончик
- Перепишите и переведите абзацы2), 3), 4).
- Ответьте письменно на вопросы.
1) How can a process of welding be defined?
2) What are the two main groups of processes of welding?
3) How can we join metal parts together?
4) What is welding used for nowadays?
5) Where is welding necessary?
6) What is the difference between the arc welding and shielded-metal welding?